These Are The Days of Our Lives



Me aged two..three..?..Climbing the gates of Buckingham Palace. I had aspirations back then...

I am 34 today. Three Four. I had not thought of that. That's nice. I like things to be consecutive.



This was taken when I was the same age as my daughter is now. Around 7 or 8. Surreal really. I remember being her age. Very well actually. I remember going to school the morning I turned 8 and telling my little friend with shy glee that it was my birthday. I bent over to fasten my shoe when I told her, because I was blushing at the self-promotion. My, how things do change.

I saw my 34th birthday in on this early, early morning holding a puke bowl. For my poor daughter. I hope (for her sake especially) that this is not a shadow of the year to come.

If you missed it yesterday...I will be donating $1 to Haiti through LDS Humanitarian Services for every comment on this post telling me what you did (out of the ordinary) to make the world a better place on February 6th. You have til Sunday night to post.

Me? I made the world a better place when I held the puke bowl. Because everyone needs someone to rub their back, and hold their hair, and tell them they aren't going to die when they are puking. I am blessed to have been the chosen one. And I'm not being ironic or sarcastic for a change. Being needed and wanted during someone's time of need is a blessing. Being around to do those things is a blessing.

Having a beautiful little girl is a blessing. And three beautiful boys. And a good, kind husband who makes me laugh and feel warm and safe and loved. And a mom who held back my hair,and rubbed my back, and a dad who did too (and they still do-albeit from afar and figuratively). And super cool sisters and brothers who understand me to the core, and make me laugh 'til I cry, and have my back. And wonderful friends who make my life colourful and interesting and fun. And all of the above who comfort and stick by me when I can't see the colourful and interesting and fun parts, and am neither colourful nor fun to be around.

And a Father in Heaven who so generously blessed me with all these things. And his Son who made it so I could enjoy them and have them always.



This was taken on my 13th birthday. I remember that day well. It was a great birthday. My whole life was ahead of me. And now I am living it. And I like it. I like it a lot.

Thanks for being a part of it. Don't forget to post. I can't wait to hear about it!
xo

I'm reading: These Are The Days of Our LivesTweet this!

7 comments:

nyn said...

We finished our family service project today to donate ten blankets to the Linus Foundation. Happy Birthday Kirsty. LOVE YOU!!!!!

Jill said...

I adore you Kirstykins and yet I am trying very hard right now not to DISLIKE you. Why? Because you have not aged a day since you turned 13.

I have decided rather than doing something out of the ordinary (which I take offense to somewhat because I am faaaar from ordinary) that I am going to just give you a dollar for Haiti. Today is feeling like an especially witchy day for therefore I am best not out amongst the population trying to be "nice". It won't turn out well.

Big Ugly Man Doll said...

First, of course, Happy Happy Birthday Birthday, and many happy returns of the day! Wishing you a happy birthday is probably the most out of the ordinary thing I got to do today - after all, I only get to do it once a year, and I seem to have missed the last 33 of them. ;-)

Other than that - I shared a little of the crazy over on the BUMD site, which I'm told has a "making the world a better, or at least odder, place" effect on a few people, but really doesn't qualify as out of the ordinary. Let's see... Made some really good cookies without using eggs, wheat, corn, potato, dairy, cinnamon, or soy, nor anything that was made with those things - and *everyone I know* can eat them, which you may recall is quite a feat in the house of the BUMD. That probably counts, particularly since they turned out not only edible but actually pretty good.

All the birthday best!!!

MrsM said...

Happy birthday!!! I didn't do anything good for the world today because it pretty much took a big poo on me today and I couldn't see myself doing it any favors just now. Still, I did walk 3 mils in the dark rain to get baby formula, so I brightened The Bean's day. I hope your special day was a thousand times more wonderful than mine was bad!

Minky Moo said...

Happiest of Birthdays! I agree...you don't seem to have aged much! Slap some braids on ya and you could be 14! What's your secret?
I have missed the deadline...and honestly am so sleep deprived I've no memory of what I did on February 6th. even if it was, what? Two days ago? Three? I've no idea..

Anonymous said...

Sorry I did not get onto the blog on the Big Day - internet issues. But I want to say, thanks so much for choosing me to be your mom. You have lightened my life in so many ways, and were the most perfect baby in the world, and a real comfort to both your sister and I in a dark spot. Love you so much. So glad you are 3 and 4.
Marmie.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Happy birthday, m'dear! I saw that first picture of you, and IMMEDIATELY knew who it was. Too funny!

Let's see...last Saturday was a lot of errands and shopping. See, my son (the one that runs and jumps and climbs?) Yeah - he doesn't own a pair of shoes that fit his HONKIN' SIZE 6 FEET. Not much to help the world. *blush* We had all just gotten over a nasty 24-hour flu, and were celebrating!