It’s a…

We decided to make the kids wait for dessert to find out the flavour of the bun in the oven. We decided to bake cupcakes….batter dyed blue or pink and let them find out with the first bite.

What could it be??

DSC_0262

Here I am making the dessert…oops is that blue food colouring on my fingers???

decoy

Hastily/sloppily frosted cupcakes (they were a tad impatient)

DSC_0253

The big reveal

DSC_0275DSC_0277 DSC_0278 DSC_0276

Can you tell??? No? How about we go back to a little baking shot. Why yes, I do bake in my puffy Winter coat. Doesn’t everyone? (I was still recovering from lying on that freeeeeezing examining table half naked for an hour.)

DSC_0244

And if there weren’t enough clues…here’s a costume change for your enlightenment.

pink

It is indeed much to my surprise and amazement and “wait are you sure??? Double check that!”ishness….a GIRL. Here she is at 21 weeks :) Ugh..these pics are terribly unclear because they are blurry pictures of pictures. I will try to fix them tomorrow because tonight I am super tired. (I have been up since 4am) She is exceptionally cute we think :) I will work on these..

DSC_0299

Here she is doing a queenly wave…..

DSC_0306

Very flexible. She puts some power behind those kicks I tell ya.

rolypoly

And since it is now NOVEMBER , and this is the second year I am taking a leaf from my friend Julie’s book. Here are 5 things I am grateful for today: (today was easy ;)

1. My beautiful baby girl who appears to be whole and healthy. She is soo cute and active. And REAL! She is already doing those adorable little baby stretches that I love more then chocolate.

2. My sweet, loving rock solid husband who was able to accompany me to my appointment. We had never-ending nerve-wracking waiting at every stage. By time I was finally on the examining table waiting for our sweet little person to swim into view I was shaking violently and visibly. I was so nervous for this ultrasound, and without him there I may have shaken myself into unconsciousness and missed the whole thing.

3.Good medical care and health insurance that allowed me to have this amazing experience.

4.My 4 beautiful kids who are going to make the most spectacular big siblings ever.

5.My awesome friend the honourary auntie Jill who picked up my kids from school today, taxiied them to and fro, fed them dinner and supervised their homework. I have been without a support group in this situation before and I cannot express what a blessing it is to have friends who act like family.

I'm reading: It’s a…Tweet this!

22 comments:

jmt said...

Yea!!!! Your boys have brothers and now Gracie has a sister! Not that having a sibling of the opposite is bad. It's good. Very good. But there is something special about a same gender sibling that will make growing old that much sweeter.

I need to leave your blog now. Between the sweetness that was my baby girl and your pregnancy, I'm having feelings that I shouldn't. I can't. Have you SEEN the size of our house? Well no, of course you haven't. But it's not big enough for another precious little coo baby.

Jill said...

5 Things I am Thankful for:
1) A friend who has no problem admitting when they are wrong and I am right since I said you were having a girl from the moment I found out you had conceived :)

2) A healthy Rainbow Godiva

3) Friends who are willing to share their pregnancy and family with another equally crazy family

4)Thanksgiving is soon

5) Now I do not have to stress about thinking of a boy name anymore because that was wayyyy to difficult.

Janet said...

I'm smiling ear to ear. So happy for you and your family. Another precious girl to love.

paparazzimom said...

wahooey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Expect some hand-me-downs now.

I actually called it right. I'm amazed.

I'm so happy for you!!!!! ALL!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Kirsty!!!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Awwww another little girl! How awesome. I imagine Gracie is over the moon excited. :) I love the cupcake idea, what fun!

Peg said...

just as predicted...a girl is a wonderful way to finish off a family! I'm so happy for all of you! (She's just as cute as I'd expect.)

Moore Minutes said...

Best idea EVER. Those are super cute photos of the kids biting into the cupcakes. You're an awesome mom!

April Kennedy said...

Yay...that is so exciting!!

Stefani said...

Ahhhhh....I'm super super excited for you all. What a true blessing you have been given. Huge hugs all around.

nyn said...

Hooray and congrats!! I am so happy for you guys. You look beautiful Kirsty!

Jessica said...

****SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE****

I knew it!!!! Congratulations momma!!! I want to hear about the kids reactions!!!

Jen Lynn said...

I KNEW IT!!!! yay! What's the name? Aive or Jillian?

Lisa said...

Oh congratulations! You would have been excited either way...I'm glad you have such a fantastic support group.

Unknown said...

congratulations. We just found out we are having a girl too :) So excited. Love your blog!

http://stayhomeandplay.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

How exciting!!!

Jen Lynn said...

PS: I l.o.v.e. the picture with Gracie and Ben. Gracie is so obviously ecstatic - almost to tears and ben's like, "whatever dude, it's a girl."

Awesome.

Karen said...

Congratulations to you all!

MrsM said...

Awwww...Congrats!!! As you know, little girls are so fun : )

Julia said...

What a fun way to tell the siblings!!! Out of 7 grands, we've only known the gender of one!!!! Our girls like surprises I guess. Our 7th is due in a few weeks. His/her older sibling is the only boy so far, so we're thinking maybe it's another boy. We don't care, though.

Unknown said...

Oh yay! Congratulations on another girl! That's so exciting... and a very cute way to reveal the surprise.

Stephanie said...

Kirsty, I am so so so happy for you! Hugs and kisses from me.