Tuesday 5...




Today I have been unfocused and somewhat unproductive. I blame skipping the gym which I very rarely do, for the downfall of the rest of the day. It was a bad move. I didn't plan it that way, time just got away from me. Reese's peanut butter cups soon followed...in abundance. As did sluggishness.

However, there is much to be grateful for. As I went through the meditative process of brushing my beautiful dog this afternoon I was thinking about how good my life is. As imperfect as it is and as I am. As apt as I am to get hung up on the silly, inconsequential annoyances... it is very good.

Some of the things I am grateful for today....

1.Benj who is 12 and cool, but not too cool to come home cheerfully from school each day and give me a hug and my tummy an affectionate little rub.
2.An unselfish husband who will not go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink (which means he ends up doing them, even though I tell him that I will do them in the morning)
3.School levy passed-now my kid can go to camp! He has been so hoping for that.
4.Such a kind reaction from so many readers and friends to our happy healthy baby news. Special things are magnified when they are shared with loving and generous people.
5. People who lovingly inspire me to be my best self. Thank you.

*Photo above is our fabulous impatiens flowers still going strong during a terrific storm on October 26th. They made it all the way through November 1st, whereupon they died, very dramatically. The last vestiges of Summer, if you will.

I'm reading: Tuesday 5...Tweet this!

3 comments:

Julia said...

beautiful list of things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for blogging friends.

Lisa said...

Fantastic list...Sorry your flowers died, but, alas, all good things must come to an end.

Michelle said...

I feel so blessed to have reconnected with you after all these years. You inspire me and you make me smile.