I’m the mommy, that’s why.

Thought I’d share a few photos from Mother’s Day…just a week or so after the fact ;)
I’m not going to lie. Mother’s Day is not generally my favourite day of the year. I think it might not be a good idea. It’s a day fraught with the potential for guilt and sadness.  It is hard for those whose mother’s have passed on, who are far from their moms, who would like to be moms but aren’t. It is hard for moms to hear the tales of perfect mothers and the inevitable feelings of not measuring up.
After a really rough night (much of it spent crying) I went into the day on Mother’s Day feeling very sad but ended it feeling happy.  Here are some scenes from my day.  No wonder I ended it feeling happy.  I have such sweet, lovely children, such a dear husband. I am surrounded by beauty.  Although I often feel as though they deserve so much better from me as a mom and a wife, I feel blessed that they love me just as I am.
Here’s my little doll baby after church, which was awesome. Great, non guilt inducing talks and fruit and muffins in the cultural hall meant no plant for me to kill this year.
smileygirl
ella6wks
The family spoiled me with breakfast in bed, a nice dinner and a lovely walk after to see the tulips…always my favourite. Aren’t they gorgeous? All of these photos are straight out of the camera, no colour enhancing.  DSC_0450
DSC_0449
But wait…. what is that little bundle in amongst the tulips?
 DSC_0470 DSC_0474
Seriously mom? We’re seriously going to do this here?
You are a goofball mommy.
 DSC_0475
Still….it’s strangely relaxing lying in the middle of a flower bed.  Let me know when you are finished.
DSC_0465
Gorgeous Gabe
DSC_0500
DSC_0488
Beautiful Gracie
  DSC_0511 DSC_0512
My little boyfriend Finny
DSC_0504
DSC_0515
And this handsome young man, who first made me a mom.
DSC_0530
What a good kid he is. I am so proud of my Benj.
DSC_0520
Aaron had the t-shirt made for me. Mom to the 5th power. I love it :) Did I ever mention that both Aaron and I are one of 5 children? We always planned on 5. (Aaron even has 5 little diamonds in his wedding ring.) Until we had 3 in as many years.  So we decided 3 was good. Then we had our 4th. Then we decided 4 was perfect….now we are back to the original goal ;)
Oh my word, I am glad.
DSC_0541  DSC_0553
Happy (belated) Mother’s Day to my beautiful mom! She is the best and I am more grateful to her and all she has taught me and done for me with every additional year I am a mom. Love you, Marmie xo

I'm reading: I’m the mommy, that’s why.Tweet this!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Awww...I love your family. I'm so glad you had a fab mother's day....you desever it, momma!!
xoxoxo

Jena said...

Beautiful pictures and funny commentary on the princess among tulips! I am sure that is what she was thinking.

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day, gorgeous Kirsty. The only thing I didn't love about this post was your lack of belief in yourself as a mother. You are inspirational, beautiful, loving and beyond worthy of tribute. To YOU! xoxoxo
PS - LOVE the t-shirt.