Back to School {2011 Edition}

DSC_0676
My two middle schoolers.
Benj started 8th grade and Gabe was amongst the first set of 6th graders to start at the middle school.   They start bright and early (a full hour earlier than the others) so they had the breakfast table all to themselves.   They were very pleased that I did not have a pencil vase for them to take to their teachers this year.  The joys of middle school!DSC_0677DSC_0685
And they are off!  (I just noticed that they are somewhat matching, and trust me, I would not have dared to suggest such a thing for school. I guess we have matched for so many years that it is subliminal now Winking smile
An hour later…phase 2 is off.. (to 4th grade and 2nd grade)
DSC_0686DSC_0688
And then it was just this busy little girl and me. She spent the day anxiously engaged in baby projects  DSC_0693
DSC_0697
She helped me with the first day back cookies.
DSC_0702
Gabe gets home first. He declared it a 2 thumbs up kind of day..
DSC_0701
And wasted no time entertaining himself with Ella.
DSC_0715
Then came Gracie and Finny
DSC_0706
Who both loved their first day too.
DSC_0708DSC_0710
And finally Benj showed up after cross country (prior to soccer practice). He declared it a double fisted cookie kind of day. (But he enjoyed it!)
DSC_0716
I’m getting used to the relative quiet in the house and I find the days have gone by pretty quickly.  I still can’t believe that Summer is “over” though and that my kids are soo big. Sniff.
PS: I am already sick of making 4 school lunches every day. Blech. Pretty soon they will go back to doing that themselves…

I'm reading: Back to School {2011 Edition}Tweet this!

2 comments:

jmt said...

What happy faces. Are you kids the ones that teachers just LOVE? I think they would be. They'd be MY favorites. I'd rough up their hair everyday...that's what I want to do to your boys in these photos. :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mommy! All these nice traditions for back to school! If the sandwich making gets to be too much, remember, you can devote one afternoon and then the kids can have the pleasure of having slightly frozen egg sandwiches. I am sure they will love them as much as you did!
Love, Marmie.