"If you don't know where you are going, you'll probably end up somewhere else." Lewis Carroll

goals
Happy March m’peeps! I am so excited. ‘Tis the month that (technically) brings Spring. Which is universally understood to be a time of rebirth and refreshment. It’s a perfect time to reevaluate life, toss out the junk, reorganize and shine things up. Sometimes I think God gave us Winter so that we could appreciate the rejuvenating effects of Spring, so that we would have yet another shot at a fresh start, a new beginning.  New beginnings feel good.
The Momedy Sketch Take Control Community Challenge starts TODAY. I have set up a private facebook page for us to chat on and support each other. If you have not received an invitation for that please email me immediately and I’ll remedy it. If you don’t want to be on facebook, I understand, but I recommend that you do register under an alias if necessary and just friend me in order to take part in this challenge. It’s the easiest way for most of us to communicate. Let me know if you have issues.
This last week of the challenge has been about preparing. It has been about thinking about where we want to be going. Life is finite. Kids grow (so terrifyingly fast), opportunities change, bodies age. If we are sitting around being acted upon rather than acting, we might find out that the “somewhere else” that we reach is not somewhere we want to be.  That’s when life feels out of control. Because it is.
Now before I go further I want to say that although I use it a lot, I’m vaguely uncomfortable with the word “control” here.  Because so much of our lives are completely out of our control. The older I get the more I know this, and the more realize that there is a lot to be said for being flexible and spontaneous and open to unexpected changes and challenges. I believe in God rather than fate, and I do believe He has a plan for me, and sometimes that plan is very much out of synch with what I thought would be a good idea for me.  I’ve learned that it’s best to go His way, and although I’m still pretty bad at letting that happen without having a big fat tanny about it, (EVERY. SINGLE. TIME) I have a growing testimony in the fact that surrendering to His way is best.
The point I’m trying to make is when you are an active participant in your life, changes can be fun and exhilarating and rewarding or at least doable. But when we are not in control of our own habits, and appetites, we will feel more like a victim when things don’t go as planned. Because we already feel like we are sitting in the backseat of our life, any more changes will inevitably be overwhelming and unwelcome. I want to get back into the front seat. Life is way more fun there.
Join us? Email me: kirsty Dot sayer AT gmail dot com  if you want in.
momedysketchchallenge

I'm reading: "If you don't know where you are going, you'll probably end up somewhere else." Lewis CarrollTweet this!

0 comments: