A birthday report

Shockingly I never posted a report on Benj and Gabe’s birthday this year.  However after this is up for a few days, I will change the date to July 28th, delete this paragraph and have it fit seamlessly into the blog for posterity-and nobody will be any the wiser to my neglect. (I plead pregnancy issues). Technology certainly has it’s advantages.

This is how it all went down. 

The traditional bed-head shot.

DSC_0514

Brotherly love…

DSC_0515

Sugary cereal and presents!! Whohoooo!!

DSC_0518 DSC_0518 DSC_0519 DSC_0528

DSC_0529 

Ripsticks were the big news this year.

DSC_0533

These are the gifts Gracie made for her brothers. She is so sweet and creative.

DSC_0537 DSC_0538 DSC_0539 DSC_0540

She and Finny also organized for their favourite South African Soccer players to come sing them happy birthday. …(unfortunately Finny and Gracie missed the visit)

DSC_0541 DSC_0547 DSC_0549 DSC_0552 DSC_0556

Gabe helps Gracie balance on his new ripstick

DSC_0565

 

  DSC_0586        

They requested Panera for lunch…here are their super genuine self conscious smiles..

DSC_0570 DSC_0571

My big boys in the big world……sniff

DSC_0576

Since my boys are born on the same day (two years apart) I give them each a little cuddle and one on one chat time, and sing to them separately at the time that they were born.  It’s cheesy but we love it (they always remind me when it’s getting close to that time).  Although I am clearly feeling and looking like death warmed over in these, I love these photos. I love that my kids will still cuddle with their mommy.

Benj at 12:46 pm when he was officially 12 years old..my young man.

benj12 

DSC_0583 benjandmom

And Gabe joined me on my bed….(have I mentioned how much morning/afternoon/nighttime sickness sucks?)

momandgabe momandgabe2

6pm….9 years old                                 6:01 pm…he’s 10!!

nine DSC_0600smoochDSC_0604

DSC_0602

I feel so blessed to have such amazing sons.  They are kind and good, hard-working, diligent, smart, talented, funny, fun and handsome. They have set such a great example for their younger siblings and created a gentle, compassionate home environment for their siblings to grow up in and emulate.  Aaron and I were watching this ad the other day, I think it was for Oreos, when an older kid in the cafeteria goes over to help a younger kid open his milk.  It reminded us both of something our kids would do, which makes me feel like the luckiest mom in the world.   They are a great example and inspiration to me every day.

Benj and Gabe you rock, more then I can ever say. xoxoxoxo Mom.

(They reminded me last night that they had not been given a cake-we did Dairy Queen Blizzards instead. It looks like we are going to be having another October birthday party :)

I'm reading: A birthday reportTweet this!

3 comments:

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

So adorable I just love all the pictures you look like your having fun just like them!

Kids are great at that age and they want to please and learn.

Thanks for posting them :-)

jmt said...

:) Love it. And I love that you will be changing the posting time and date. That's hilarious.

Ripsticks? Never heard of them...am I really that old?? Wow. I'm sure my kids will be mentioning them soon, though...it'll trickle to them.

The Sisters' Hood said...

Go and check it out, I posted an 'award' for you over on my blog!
Thanx for the inspiration!!!
Love
Nicole

Tried to send an e-mail but gave up after ten minutes, so you got this instead!

http://bywordofmouthmusingsandmemoirs.blogspot.com/