Pumpkin patch..ohohoh…pumpkin patch!*

*See this if you aren’t South African or the title will make no sense. (Be forewarned, Aaron found it most disturbing).
On Saturday we hustled to the pumpkin patch between soccer tournament games.   It was such a wonderful little interlude in our busy day. We even got to have delicious cider and amazing apple fritters. It was a gorgeous, sunny, crisp day…the picture-perfect Autumn experience and so…naturally, I took pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. The colours were so bright and vivid. No editing required.
Our little pumpkin (who turned 7 months old that day!) was enchanted with all she saw. We, as you can tell, were enchanted with her.
DSC_0016
Spot the pumpkin…look closely
DSC_0065
DSC_0062DSC_0067
DSC_0014DSC_0011
DSC_0053DSC_0968
The annual sibling photo had a new addition this year. So much fun. See prior years here and here and here. I am laughing about the year we got a bunny to help me over my baby fever (the following year we got a dog to help me over my baby fever). Then we got a baby. If we’d just held out for a few more years we could have a lot less shedding going on around here Winking smile
DSC_0112DSC_0174DSC_0231DSC_0116
DSC_0006DSC_0165DSC_0001
Don’t you love her little hat? My sweet friend knitted it for me when Benjamin was a baby. Every baby Sayer has had their first pumpkin patch photos wearing that hat.
DSC_0002DSC_0003DSC_0004DSC_0001DSC_0013DSC_0014DSC_0018DSC_0033DSC_0036
I just love Gust Brothers farm. It could not be more picturesque.
DSC_0072DSC_0073
DSC_0185DSC_0074
DSC_0076DSC_0088
Handsome Benj
DSC_0103
DSC_0109
I love these pictures of the two little friends cooperating amidst much hysteria
DSC_0176DSC_0179
Sweet Gaber
DSC_0116
Here we have Nathan helping me to stage a photo of Ella standing amongst the mums. (I was supposed to crop him out of this). Nathan is a great photo assistant. If it were up to my husband or his wife, there would not be any photos of the day at all.   Nathan and I really bond over our shared sense of occasion and the fact that he is game to force my 7 month old (to the day!) baby stand amongst the mums…look at her little legs giving way…she did stand for a split second before she plonked on her little backside.
DSC_0187
DSC_0169
Benj “juggling” with a gourd he found amongst the pumpkins. Because  5 hours of soccer that day was not enough….
DSC_0221
It was Nathan’s idea to give her the apples. It does add a certain something..
DSC_0213
Spot the pumpkin again
DSC_0188
Nathan was literally squealing like a little girl “take the picture!” “take the picture!” when she found the flower to examine.
DSC_0209
For some reason he was keen to get a picture of himself with a cow.
DSC_0236DSC_0239h
The cow was keen to give him more than he bargained for..
DSC_0241DSC_0254
Our cute kids! I am in pain over how much they have grown.
DSC_0256
Not sure if you’ve seen this little pumpkin yet? How long suffering is she?
DSC_0227DSC_0259
My beautiful big girl. Isn’t she lovely?
DSC_0261
Gabe happily did not break or sprain anything before his next game
DSC_0262
My sweet toothless Finny. I love him so.
DSC_0171
DSC_0160
Aaron found this beauty to represent him.
DSC_0081
DSC_0108
Ah…glorious Autumn. It almost makes Winter worth it.  Almost.

I'm reading: Pumpkin patch..ohohoh…pumpkin patch!*Tweet this!

3 comments:

jmt said...

Can I be part of your family? Pretty please? I feel like you make time for such wonderful things and I always feel like I run out. Maybe I just need to make different choices. Whatever it is, your family *has it* and I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

The cutest little pumpkin in the world! Such a lovely happy day. Good for you for recording the memories so well for all of us. Thank you.
Marmie.

Jessica said...

You're killing me over here....and how is sweet Ella 7 months old?! I love her as your photo prop....these are so fabulous...and she si getting more gorgeous everyday!!