Scenes from Easter 2012

thefam
The fam. Ella’s smug expression in this picture makes me laugh.
Hello friends, I hope you had a peaceful, glorious, uplifting and chocolate filled Easter weekend. We certainly did. I am so grateful for my knowledge of my Savior and His sacrifice and love for me.  His Atonement has given me such joy and peace over the course of my life. I am blessed.
Here are some pictures from Easter Sunday celebrations…
My lovely babies!  Another year of matchy joy for mama.  Do you think I can squeak out one more?
mylovelybabies
daboyzgirlies
Da boyz                                                                             My little ladies
mussandkids
Our beloved Muss Cindi unknowingly coordinated with us perfectly! Just shows that she is one of the family.
DSC_0466
I was laughing with the Sunday school class I teach earlier at church, about my fascination with growing Easter grass. I always panic that it won’t be ready in time for Easter. But why..I do not know. I never use it for anything. I just have to know that it is there.  It makes me happy.
And then it was time for the hunt
gogogo
Ella took the whole thing very seriously..she looks quite trepidatious here in fact.
anxious
It was adorable to watch her excitement as she spotted eggs and bunnies and chickens, and her solemn satisfaction when she had one in chubby hand, ready to plop in her little basket. Last Easter she was just a teeny tiny fragile little newborn, just out of the hospital from her bout with RSV. This year she was ALL IN! It is amazing the difference a year makes. (Have I mentioned that before?)
spottedanegg
look daddy
gotit
Poor, scared little bunny….
bunnyhiding
goldenegg
All of my little chickens in the garden….
mychickens
I love this little freckled face!
gabeybaby
Showing off the haul..
Easter2012
Inspecting it with solemnity
solemninspection
DSC_0460
Benj is expertly extricating a forbidden substance from Ella’s mouth. He’s cool, that kid.
cheeksqueeze
open, shut them, open, shut-them give a little clap…
opencloseDSC_0452
And then it was time go to the Richardsons. For yet another hunt and an Easter feast.  We had a lovely lunch on the lilac scented lanai, laughing liltingly with loved ones.  (Ok fine, it was a deck not a lanai but I had something special going there….)
We sang happy birthday to Aaron (whose birthday with friends was kiboshed in favour of soccer…poor Aaron…I would never stand for such shenannigans on my birthday).
Aaronbirthday
Have you ever seen so much joyful cuteness in one place? (That there is baby Axel, whose birth I attended at Thanksgiving(!!) 
axelhuntsbrooklynfinnyhuntsgabehuntsallieluciahappybillDSC_0567
easterdinner
DSC_0580musscindi
Pretty friends. They are getting so big…sigh…look at them compared to last Easter
prettyfriends
Ella spent the afternoon working diligently on her newly acquired stair mobility and destroying her brand new tights. Oh toddlerhood. I fear you.
ellaonstepsclimbing
Hostess with the mostest-Amy (takes entertaining very seriously).
hostess
And finally, some shots of the Food, glorious food. Doesn’t it look so very Springy?  When I took the picture somebody said, “that’s for the blog, isn’t it?”  Actually it was not, I just thought it looked so pretty and seasonally appropriate. And then, somehow..it ended up here.
spring food
I made Aaron Carolyn’ s Life-changing Lemon cake.
birthdaycake
And Amy made her famous macaroons. It would not be Easter without them.
macaroon
I need Julie’s coconut cake recipe. It rocked my world.  And Cindi’s grape-pecan salad/dessert thingy.  I want to marry it. Watch this space m’peeps. I’ll hook you up. See if I don’t.
DSC_0473

How was your Easter, lovelies?
Click to see scenes from :
Easter 2011, Easter 2010, Easter 2009, Easter 2008

I'm reading: Scenes from Easter 2012Tweet this!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures! I love that your kids all matched. And the food looks delicious. Happy (late) Easter!

Lucia said...

Great pics from a great day, thanks for documenting it!! You are such a good journalist!

Janet said...

Gorgeous kids, gorgeous(well-coordinated) family. I always love your Easter pictures.

Moore Minutes said...

You have a beautiful family! (as always) ;) It looks like such a good, quality time family day with delicious food too...